It’s been out for a couple of weeks but good music isn’t held captive by 1st week sales or blizzards.
If this is all foreign to you, play catch up here. The brainchild of UK future soul producer Dego (2000 Black, 4hero), keyboardist Kaidi Tatham (DKD, Agent K), and vocalist/songwriter Bembe Segue (4hero, The Politik) Silhouette Brown’s 2005 debut was the sexy, jazzy flip-side to broken beat’s jump up riddims.
We have two copies of the new Silhouette Brown album to give away at Refuge tonight to go along with a set featuring cuts from both albums and an exploration of Dego, Kaidi and Bembe’s extensive catalog. The first two folks to email me at djstylus AT vibeconductor DOT com with the answers to these questions will snag a copy of Two. Google is your friend.
1. Name the featured vocalist on Silhouette Brown’s debut.
2. Name the featured vocalist on the new Silhouette Brown album.
3. What classic hip-hop figure cameos on the new album?
4. Name the first single from the new album.
5. Name one project, collaboration or crew that Dego, Kaidi or Bembe are associated with that I didn’t mention above.
Last week I was deep in Two bliss and my 2000 Black crates as well. There were a couple of amorous couples in the building getting re-acquainted on date night. I think they rather enjoyed this cut: